*PREORDER* Team Dresch Bundles
• Vinyl Bundle includes: Personal Best LP, Captain My Captain LP & Hand Grenade 7” all on limited edition colored vinyl, plus the singles comp on CD and a sticker. ONLY 300 COPIES AVAILABLE!
• CD Bundle includes: Personal Best, Captain My Captain & the singles comp on CD plus a sticker.
• Digital Bundle includes: Personal Best, Captain My Captain & the singles comp as a hi fidelity digital download delivered to your inbox on the May 31st release date.
• Awesome new shirt designed by the amazing Miriam Klein Stahl! Available in a wide variety of sizes.
• All Preorders receive and instant download of the "Fagetarian & Dyke" single
*** These are pre-order items and will ship to arrive on or around the May 31st, 2019 album release date. ***
Combining the brazenness of Riot Grrrl with the angst dirge of grunge, Team Dresch didn’t just raise the stakes of queercore: They created two near-perfect albums about longing, freedom, and belonging over guitar riffs as epic and intense as Jody Bleyle (Hazel) and Kaia Wilson’s (Adickdid, The Butchies) poetic couplets. On their 1995 debut, Personal Best, they rage against the Christian right and small towns, then kiss their girlfriends on the mouth. Donna Dresch (Danger Mouse, Dinosaur Jr.), Bleyle, and Wilson play ferocious, intricate riffs fast while Marcéo Martinez (Calamity Jane, The Vegas Beat) hits the drums hard. To paraphrase their own song, they are amazing; their words save us.
Captain My Captain shows Team Dresch finding and creating community, elevating and becoming dykons. Drummer Melissa York (Vitapup, Born Against) joins the fold, adding a level of NYC showmanship to the quintessentially Northwestern, T-shirted live act. Already they commanded a level of assurance and confidence, staying true to the underground’s autonomous spirit; “Remember who you are, Make up who you are,” they roar over the noise of busted closets. The fierce and biting lyrics are aided by raging, skilled punk rock sounds, creating one of the most intense and meaningful punk revival albums to date. Team Dresch is able to accomplish more in this 35 minutes than many bands can in their entire career. Punk rock will never be the same.